The Technology Stack Powering Dashlane
– Updated October 20 2021 –
Our users, partners, and job candidates often ask, “what is the technology stack we use?” “What are the engines behind Dashlane?”
Let’s pop the hood and take a look inside!
Dashlane’s Tech Stack
From Day 1, we aimed to build the best application possible for each environment and take advantage of all the platforms’ native capabilities.
This means Dashlane engineers have experience working with a diverse set of technologies and are equipped with a broad range of skills.
The Technology Behind Dashlane’s Services
I’ll start with Dashlane’s web services and databases. They run on Amazon Web Services servers hosted in Dublin, Ireland.
Dashlane Web Services are built in NodeJS, and we have all sorts of different databases depending on the project, including MySQL, Redis, Redshift, etc.
Our Server engineers are in charge of maintaining and evolving this foundational layer of the Dashlane platform, making sure it is scalable and reliable.
Then, we have all our client applications:
- Dashlane on Apple: Unified iOS, iPadOS and Mac Catalyst app written in Swift and SwiftUI with a native Safari App Extension for Safari on Mac
- Dashlane on Android: Our Android app is in Kotlin mostly.
- Dashlane’s Web App: We also have a Web App, that allows users to access their credentials from a browser, that also uses TypeScript and React.
- Dashlane Web Site: finally our web site also uses TypeScript.
Embedded into all our native applications is one of the core components of Dashlane: our Semantic Engine. It is also using TypeScript.
This diversity of technologies means we need engineers that are both experts of their respective platforms and have the versatility and skills to successfully navigate Dashlane’s environments.
Sound like you? Come join us! We’re always looking for talented engineers to join our team. Visit our jobs board for current openings!
Have any questions about our tech stack? I’m here to answer them! Leave your question in the comments section below.
Sign up to receive news and updates about Dashlane
Thanks! You're subscribed. Be on the lookout for updates straight to your inbox.