Here at Dashlane, we build our product around total security for our users. We want to make the Internet a safe place without sacrificing convenience, and are consistently working to deliver the safest password manager and personal data vault product on the market.
Today we take Dashlane’s security one step further, with our online security breach alerts. These alerts will let you know as soon as we receive notice that one of your web accounts may have been compromised. The alerts will come directly to your phone or desktop, enabling you to easily change your password, which is your single-best defense in these situations.
Dashlane’s security breach alerts are live today, so please make sure to update! For desktop users, the V1.5 release (for both Macs and PCs) is now available; for mobile users, our V2.1 release for iPhone is ready for download at the App Store. (The security breach alerts will be available to Android users soon.)
And while we’re at it, we also want to let you know about other updates that come with our desktop and mobile releases today:
- Security breach alerts warn you if a web account may be compromised; you are then prompted to change your affected password(s)
- Support for Firefox 15 and Firefox 16b
- Many minor updates and improvements, as well as numerous bug fixes
- Security breach alerts warn you if a web account may be compromised
- Account loading time improvements
- Browser improvements and fixes
- Data edit UI update (edit mode reveals all editable data)
- Tap to copy any data and tap to reveal secured data
- Return of the show password button (for web accounts, due to popular demand)
- Fewer crashes due to memory issues
- Many minor updates and improvements
As always, please let us know what you make of the updates. Thanks for using Dashlane!