We’ve been working hard here at Dashlane to ship out a whole bunch of new features and fixes for you — and we’re excited to announce the framework upon which our upcoming premium functionalities will operate as we move forward. With no further ado, here’s what’s new in V.1.1 which you can now access:
- Profile completion: This feature makes it easier than ever to get started using Dashlane’s many functionalities — from filling out your contact info so you never have to type them in any form again, to adding your payment info so you can check-out anywhere in seconds!
- Point system: You can now earn points by using Dashlane to do everything from logging in automatically to recording your online purchases. Points will unlock new features on Dashlane, like access to our soon-to-come mobile apps. The fastest way to rack up points is to invite friends to use Dashlane!
- Badges: A fun way to encourage you to take control of your personal data, securely and conveniently. For example, by making 75% of your saved passwords super-safe, you earn a “Fortress” badge. Unlocking a badge also earns you bonus points!
- Login from search: Now launching your favorite web accounts is lightning-fast! Simply search for any website in our app, and you can launch it and log in directly from the search bar.
- More credit card types: We now support Discover, JCB, and DinersClub.
- Browser stability improvements: We have drastically reduced crashes related to installation and logging-out. We’ve also addressed the bug in Chrome for Mac which was causing the plug-in to disappear when the browser auto-updated.
- In-app credentials recoded for Mac: We’ve made the functionality a lot more powerful even if you have a bajillion logins and passwords stored.
- 511 bugs fixed: Thanks to your feedback, we’ve closed 511 bug reports of all kinds during this cycle!
As we’ve always told you, all of Dashlane’s current features on Macs and PCs will remain free for all users forever. Starting with this V.1.1 release, however, we are introducing the foundations for premium features on Dashlane. From here on out, you’ll be able to access these upcoming premium features in two ways:
- In a few weeks, you’ll be able to subscribe to Dashlane Premium in exchange for a small monthly or yearly fee, and have unlimited access to all the awesome premium features in future Dashlane releases.
- Alternatively, you’ll be able to unlock premium features using our new point system. These points can be earned simply by using Dashlane — the more you use the app, the more points you earn. And the fastest way to earn points is to invite friends to enjoy Dashlane, too! You can start earning points right away, with this V.1.1 release; more details on the point system are available here.
We’re psyched to announce that our very first premium features will be the iPhone app, which will bring Dashlane to you wherever you go, and a coupon assistant, which will not only save you time but also money when you shop with Dashlane. The iPhone app is currently being reviewed by Apple, which means we’re really close to its release date. (And yes, Android and iPad are close on its heels.) The coupon feature is a few more weeks out — but we’ll keep you posted.
As always, you can reach us via our Help Center or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. And you can join our newly-launched Board of Users to help us craft the features we’re working on and the company we’re building, by emailing email@example.com.
Thanks again for using Dashlane!